Houghton Library is Harvard College's rare books and manuscripts library. The collections at Houghton focus on the study of Western civilization and are especially strong in American, Continental, and English history and literature, but also include significant cultural materials from around the world representing a wide range of experiences. The collections encompass diverse holdings: from the world famous to the entirely unknown, the ancient to the immediate. We host classes in the arts, humanities, sciences, and more.
Recent classes at the Houghton Library include Research Design, Summer Institute for Technical Studies in Art: Translation and MATERIA: New Approaches to Material Text in the Roman World.
- Assistance with presentation of materials in class
- Assistance with selection of materials
- Bibliography of materials used in class
- Houghton Library Research Guide
- Introduction to Archives and Special Collections Research
- Pre-class appointment for instructor (required for first time requester, recommended for everyone)
- Document Camera
- VHS video player
- CD audio player