Harvard-Yenching Library Special Collections
Harvard-Yenching Library holds one of the most comprehensive collection of East Asian materials outside of Asia. Its Special Collections holdings include a variety of mediums—such as rare books, archival materials, manuscripts, prints, photos, scrolls, rubbings—in a vast number of languages—such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Manchu, Mongolian, Tibetan, and Naxi. Many of its materials have been digitized and can be found in the Collections linked below. Our staff are ready to assist you in any of your resource needs for ancient through modern East Asian materials.
- Assistance with presentation of materials in class
- Assistance with selection of materials
- Bibliography of materials used in class
- Reserve class materials for Reading Room Use
- Pre-class appointment for instructor (required for first time requester, recommended for everyone)
- Introduction to Archives and Special Collections Research
- Live demos with materials
- Computer and data projector
- Stand monitor (48") with laptop connection
Class limit: 16
The Harvard-Yenching Library Special Collections does not have a publicly available calendar. When making a request, please submit with your preferred times and a staff member will get back to you.